angels/discus/severum planted 125

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
So here is my new 125. Set-up just a few weeks. The severums are in here temporarily and are pretty much decimating my swords!! LOL...They are fun and very pretty though. I am down to only 2 discus, luckily they are a pair and don't mind. I have had several batches of wigglers from those two. Never tried to take it any farther. Then there are a couple GBRs and my Phillipine blue angelfish along with a couple others. I plan to add a few more plants once the sevs go to the 150 which I currently overhauling. I have another larger cypress knee to go in as well. So still not done (though is it ever?).

IMG_0662.JPG IMG_0654.JPG IMG_0640.JPG IMG_0635.JPG IMG_0663.JPG IMG_0655.JPG IMG_0645.JPG IMG_0647.JPG

Vince G.

AC Members
Dec 27, 2010
Roselle Park, NJ
Beautiful Tank and Fish. I understand about the swords. I had let my Sev's go after I started planting my tank. They were costing me too much money in plants!

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Everything I read said they would...but wow it is something to behold!! Lol
Thanks for the nice comments.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Thanks Fishorama!! I actually thought the "white butterfly" was the male as well but it's the female. Finally saw them spawning and was able to confirm the gender. Too bad they probably have extremely peppered babies...cuz the LUV each other. They spawn a LOT!!! They work so hard for those little fry that get eaten as soon as they start free swimming.

I really like the knees too...I wasn't sure but wanted something a little different.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
The sevs holdin' up to the temp ok, Steph?

Mark

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Where did you get the cypress? Are you in an area you can collect them? That would be super cool. I may be moving to Cali soon & hope I'll have manzanita somewhere nearby.

So cool they spawn for you, mine show no interest yet. Just as well, I'm not ready for babies but I'd love to see the breeding behaviors. Will you get more discus? You might get some more compatible colored strains at the cost of breaking up the happy couple. Lots of work raising fry but I'd like to try it, once anyway, raising 2 inchers was enough for me for a while, lol.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
The sevs holdin' up to the temp ok, Steph?

Mark
I keep my discus at 82...so everybody is doing ok for now!!

I found the knees on ebay. I've had them forever!! I was trying to decide then saw a deal I couldn't refuse...so made up my mind!!
I really like the look. I have a bigger one that I had to re-do...it needed a bigger rock to keep it submerged...the stuff floats like styrofoam!!

I had decided no more discus, but then found some ICA reds from a local hobbyist...I have always wanted some. Really Beautiful fish...So, I think I'm at it again!! LOL

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Hubba hubba on the gorgeous fish steph! I started out with green severums before I went to discus. They are an awesome fish. The color you have is so beautiful! Your fish all look terrific as does that tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store