Dwarf or pygmy version of sharks?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

yodafett

AC Members
Oct 15, 2005
Real Name
Ryan
Are there any (moderately priced) variants of the Colombian Shark or Blackfin shark? My wife and I have a 50 gallon we are slowly stocking, and would love to have a couple/few of these guys, but obviously, there's a size concern, so I thought maybe we'd get lucky and there is a dwarf variety around...

If not, are there any suggestions for possible replacements? 50 gallon freshwater, sand and a few live plants. Currently 8 corys and 2 male guppies.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
No, no dwarf version. Can't really suggest anything that will look similar...some of the other sharks would stay an appropriate size, but might bully your other fish.

Keep in mind that any of the larger catfish will make snacks of the guppies.

yodafett

AC Members
Oct 15, 2005
Real Name
Ryan
Thanks for feedback. The guppies were actually just there to help get a fishy-cycle going, they aren't actually intended to be part of the community. Not that I wish them ill will or want to arrange a premature death for them, mind you, but I'm not letting them be a major concern in the tank going forward...

Back to the drawing board...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store