Green dragon BN?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Picked these guys up at the auction yesterday, they were labeled simply as BN plecs. I bought them because their coloration is no where near normal BN color. My thought is they're a green dragon morph, but I'd like to get more opinions on that. They're still tiny at about 1".

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
What do you mean by albino cross? My albino gene BNs have regular coloration. These guys also have pigmented eyes, but they do not look yellow or white like my L144s. More of a green/khaki color.

tomany

AC Members
Nov 23, 2009
Hartford, Al
Mine are a dark green, they look like camouflage. Camouflage pleco would have been a good name for them:)

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
When you mix albino and regular, you can sometimes get some "off-colors". They could even possibly carry the coloration for F0's. It doesn't mean they don't have the albino gene nor the brown gene.

Some people are not as conscientious in their breeding of albinos so it's possible there are other coloration genes present. Biohazard deliberately crossed an albino with a brown and 1/2 the brood were of each. As they grow and lose their fry colors and move into the adult colors, some display faint coloration's I would not expect on full brown.

Regardless of the reason, enjoy your new babies!

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
I'm mostly interested for future breeding projects. If they are indeed green dragons I'd like to breed that variant. Or if they're some other weirdo color, that could be cool to try and breed to see if it breeds true. I could try crossing them with other variants as well to see what the fry come out as. Will be interesting to see how they grow up.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
The eyes really look like those of L144s to me. Maybe they've been crossbred.
What do you mean? My L144s eyes look like regular BN eyes since they're pigmented. The L144s do not have a different shape to their eye that I have noticed. If they had L144 morph crossed in with them it could be interesting to cross them back to L144.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store