Help with my Discus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rtobrienra

AC Members
Oct 27, 2010
Glasgow , Scotland
Real Name
Raymond O'Brien
I currently have 6 discus in my 250ltr tank, 2 of them are around 8 inches the other 4 are about 4-5 inches.

A few days ago I noticed one of the smaller ones was very dark in colour it then seemed to freak out dashing all around the tank in a panic nearly jumping out of the water./ After this episode the fish looked dead as it fell to the bottom of the tank. The fish has stopped eating and now just hides in the corner and every so often repeats this behaviour. I have now noticed another one of the smaller discus is doing the exact same thing,

Is this behaviour a symptom of some disease or illness? Any help advice appreciated

:confused:

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Give us more info...your water parameters, have you intoduced any new fish or plants recently, change anything about your tank?

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Pretty small tank for such large Discus, imo, although not impossible.

Provided all parameters are w/in reason and havnt perform any drastic changes recently, observe for any possible pairing(s).

Hope it is nothing serious!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store