hello all, im new to the community-Need some cichlid help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

smit9418

AC Members
Mar 15, 2011
kansas city missouri
hey guys im new first post here. wondering if anyone can help diagnose my cichlids. im guessing its ich. ive started treatment (malachite green-8 teaspoons/75 gallons). but unfortunately ive lost two of my smaller cichlids. heres a picture of the second just before his flush ceremony (warning graphic content) link

smit9418

AC Members
Mar 15, 2011
kansas city missouri
wow 39 views and no posts lol i fail.
*update* after losing another cichlid i took one of my fish into a local pet store and they told me its HITH, doesnt look like it at all but im treating them with Metro+

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Click on the "link" at the end of the last sentence for the pic, but the fish is long-dead and the colors faded, so it isn't much help.

smit9418

AC Members
Mar 15, 2011
kansas city missouri
here is a pic of my plecostomus who has recently started to show signs of the infection link
After two bottles of metro+ on of my cichlids that i thought was a gonner has regained the ability to swim properly and the other has stopped randomly shaking, however this white "rash" as pictured above has now spread to my pleco

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Dont know exactly what fish in the pic but most scales/fins seemd intact (not much of physical damages by tankmates?) but perhaps sign of internal bleeding due to other disease or even by Malachite Green (Overdosed???)

MG being potent med, I would used 7 teaspoon for 75 G (substrates/deco displacement?)

When using MG and to achieve optimal result, should be treated in total darkness if memory serves..

Vid?

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
Certainly not ich IMO, based on the 2 pictures posted.

Unfortunately, I can't help you as far as diagnosing what it is.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store