Hardscaping my 10gal CPO and Shrimp tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jawasnack

Live plants and fish make you smile
Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
Setting up another 10gal for breeding CPO's. I'll have some shrimp in here too, just not sure what yet. Pic of the rock I'm going to use and a couple Hygro "Kompakt" that I split out of the potted one I got yesterday. Think I still mainly do easy low-medium light plants, maybe some Crypt parva if the LFS has some left and I'm planning on taking so crypts and moss out of my other tanks and putting some of those in here too...

new CPO 10gal 002.JPG new CPO 10gal 003.JPG

jawasnack

Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
This is one potted Crypt Parva I trimmed and divided into 20 small plants, hope it works!! (I'll keep this updated on how it goes)

Parva divided 008.JPG Parva divided 006.JPG Parva divided 007.JPG

jawasnack

Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
Done! well sort of... hehe, It's filled with water, how about that? The two Hygro "Kompakt" plants in the back are just there temporary (not staying in this tank) The only other thing I will be adding besides live stock will be some PVC tubing for the shrimp/CPO to hide and use for shelter.

I'm starting to like the rock I picked out now, at first I didn't like it so much...

coldsoup, CPO's are very plant friendly (one of the reasons they are such popular crayfish) so I'm not worried about the plants. They CPO's I currently have in two other tanks haven't bothered the plants one bit!

10gal for CPO 009.JPG 10gal for CPO 011.JPG 10gal for CPO 010.JPG

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store