Apple Snail gone wild!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dita

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Just thought I'd share a picture of my apple snail. His name is Toby and I believe he has an evil plot to take over my fish tank. I've had him under 3 months and look how big he has grown in that time! He started the size of my thumbnail and now weighs 70g. Loves lettuce and all aquarium plants equally! Thought some of you might get a kick out of this guy. He also tried to eat my hand shortly after the photo was taken.
DSC00593.JPGDSC00600.JPG

DSC00593.JPG DSC00600.JPG

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
Didn't I read about that monster in a Jules Verne novel?? :eek:

Really, he looks healthy and happy. Whatever you doing — whatever plants you're sacrificing — it's definitely working.

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
ooOOoo a Cana! Those things get SO big! It does indeed look like a seamonster lmao.

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
...well, there is nothing like the survival of the fittest, is there?
All my snaily-poos root for Toby.

Beautiful creature, Toby I mean, keep on feeding him and keep us updated.

Dita

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Looks like a Pomacea Canaliculata to me, and a healthy one.
I agree... although I didn't know it at the time when I purchased it. I'm not so sure that the pet store knows what kind of snail they are selling...they seemed surprised when I went back and told them it ate everything in my tank and I needed 10 new plants (which I have replaced a few times in the last 3 months, lol). I thought about returning it after I read up about it and how big it can get... but he's kind of grown on me. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store