Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Taylor
    Last Activity
    08-29-2011 12:03 AM

Your best fishing experience?

Mine would have to be when I caught THREE silver lookdowns!

They were juvenile, I ended up letting a local saltwater fish store owner attempt to sell them xD

http://www.youtube.com/user/hazletay
    Check out my fish videos!

Banned
    Usergroup
    Banned
    Catching my first native Brook Trout.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    06-07-2014 7:45 PM
    Catchin a long nose gar on a dumb flimsy fiberglass rod and 4lb line. Super intense. It was at least 15 min of epic battle and a lot of oh crap my line is gettin low and a lot of hit the trollin motor. It weighed 13lb 6 oz. I got a nice NC freshwater citation to put up on the wall. Of course, I threw her back just because but I prolly shoulda took her to the taxidermist. That was a good fishing day.
    55 gal Native Tank

Usergroup
    Moderators
    Real Name
    Mark
    Last Activity
    Yesterday 3:23 PM
    I was fishing in the Gulf of Mexico approximately 50 miles south of Freeport, Tx. I'd forgotten to check the braided line on my Penn Senator and found it was rotten when we got to our fishing spot. My backup was an Abu Garcia spinning combo with 200yds of 20 lb Ande monofilament on it. My first strike, after I'd cast the cigar minnow on the steel leader, peeled line off the reel at an alarming rate. Luckily, the owner of the 30' Grady White was quick and had the boat fired up and was chasing the fish down before he spooled me. I got 150 yds of line back when Matt stopped. The fish was still green and the spool shrank again. We chased that fish down four times before he sounded and went to the bottom. At that point he turned sideways to me and for every two inches of line I'd get back, he'd take one inch. An hour and a half after I set the hook he flashed green about 25' down. Five minutes later we decked him; a 60lb Wahoo, the biggest SW fish I've caught to date. That day we landed a 50 lb Ling (Cobia), 3 Amberjacks up to 30 lbs, several kings and various snapper (vermillion, lane, red...). I'll never forget that day, or how good that freezer full of fish was over the following months.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue. Robert Anson Heinlein

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Brandon
    Last Activity
    08-08-2012 3:13 PM
    My first ?mystery? fish a Fallfish over 8lbs. The reason being I had no idea what I was reelin in and had to look him up when I got home. I thought I knew every fish in that river. Semotilus corporalis its a giant purple lookin carp-like minnow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fallfish.gif 
Views:	15 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	173125  

Banned
    Usergroup
    Banned
    Last Activity
    12-08-2011 2:15 PM
    Almost winning the money for the biggest fish caught on a deep sea fishing trip. (that stupid barracuda got off the line....)

I love to go deep sea fishing. The best part is being on the ocean from 6:00 in the morning until 6:00 at night. The worst part is having to dock back in. lol

@ Sunburt- Where do you fish at? ( I normally do pier fishing at Johnnie Mercer's, but every now and then I try my hand at surf fishing).
    Last edited by tropics007; 04-06-2011 at 4:48 PM.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Cam
    Technically not fishing, but when I was younger a kid at my camp brought up a snapping turtle the size of a car hood. He also felt the need to pull it inside our canoe, it was an "interesting" experience.

Fishing wise, it would be when I went out with my family in the harbor, and I pulled in 7 bluefish in 20-30 minutes, it was crazy. These were some wicked fish too, I caught some monsters.

I can't wait untill I catch my first keeper striper, I've never caught more than a 2 footer. (I also didn't catch a single one last year, fishing from a boat and from a pier.)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyhokie View Post
    I bet your favorite website is overstock.com. Hey-oh!

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    01-27-2013 1:48 PM
    A 45 minute struggle with a Chinook Salmon in Lake Michigan.

Usergroup
    Members
    Last Activity
    10-31-2011 6:17 AM
    My first fishing experience down at rehobeth beach was the best fishing experience I ever had. I caught two very big blue crabs on that day. It was in early spring. I really enjoyed fishing from my very first experience. Now fishing has become my passion.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Ben
    Last Activity
    02-05-2014 10:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dbosman View Post
    A 45 minute struggle with a Chinook Salmon in Lake Michigan.
    the best lake in the world, i landed 3 nice cohos in the grand at the point this past fall in my kayak

as far as the best fishing trip if my life, that would be back when i was 4 i remember haling in this huge channel cat in on a little cheapy kids rod that was 2 ft. with stock line, i couldn't tell you how big it was, but it was the biggest channel cat caught in Michigan that year, i got the master angler award plaque and certificate for it. and we ate good that night, i couldnt tell you the weight, it was all of 20 lbs, had to be more than 30 in
    75 gallon lightly planted-3 Acarichthys heckelii, 4 Geophagus Tapajos, and 2 keyhole cichlids.
    20 Long- Sir copernicus My corn snake
    10 gallon- plant super grower
    20 Long- Reef build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information