Your best fishing experience?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Catching my first native Brook Trout.

carolinyens

AC Members
Apr 20, 2009
Butner NC
Catchin a long nose gar on a dumb flimsy fiberglass rod and 4lb line. Super intense. It was at least 15 min of epic battle and a lot of oh crap my line is gettin low and a lot of hit the trollin motor. It weighed 13lb 6 oz. I got a nice NC freshwater citation to put up on the wall. Of course, I threw her back just because but I prolly shoulda took her to the taxidermist. That was a good fishing day.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I was fishing in the Gulf of Mexico approximately 50 miles south of Freeport, Tx. I'd forgotten to check the braided line on my Penn Senator and found it was rotten when we got to our fishing spot. My backup was an Abu Garcia spinning combo with 200yds of 20 lb Ande monofilament on it. My first strike, after I'd cast the cigar minnow on the steel leader, peeled line off the reel at an alarming rate. Luckily, the owner of the 30' Grady White was quick and had the boat fired up and was chasing the fish down before he spooled me. I got 150 yds of line back when Matt stopped. The fish was still green and the spool shrank again. We chased that fish down four times before he sounded and went to the bottom. At that point he turned sideways to me and for every two inches of line I'd get back, he'd take one inch. An hour and a half after I set the hook he flashed green about 25' down. Five minutes later we decked him; a 60lb Wahoo, the biggest SW fish I've caught to date. That day we landed a 50 lb Ling (Cobia), 3 Amberjacks up to 30 lbs, several kings and various snapper (vermillion, lane, red...). I'll never forget that day, or how good that freezer full of fish was over the following months.

Mark

2rivers

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
NH
Real Name
Brandon
My first ?mystery? fish a Fallfish over 8lbs. The reason being I had no idea what I was reelin in and had to look him up when I got home. I thought I knew every fish in that river. Semotilus corporalis its a giant purple lookin carp-like minnow.

fallfish.gif

tropics007

AC Members
Jul 26, 2008
Wilmington, NC
Almost winning the money for the biggest fish caught on a deep sea fishing trip. (that stupid barracuda got off the line....)

I love to go deep sea fishing. The best part is being on the ocean from 6:00 in the morning until 6:00 at night. The worst part is having to dock back in. lol

@ Sunburt- Where do you fish at? ( I normally do pier fishing at Johnnie Mercer's, but every now and then I try my hand at surf fishing).

Last edited:

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Technically not fishing, but when I was younger a kid at my camp brought up a snapping turtle the size of a car hood. He also felt the need to pull it inside our canoe, it was an "interesting" experience.

Fishing wise, it would be when I went out with my family in the harbor, and I pulled in 7 bluefish in 20-30 minutes, it was crazy. These were some wicked fish too, I caught some monsters.

I can't wait untill I catch my first keeper striper, I've never caught more than a 2 footer. (I also didn't catch a single one last year, fishing from a boat and from a pier.)

William11

Registered Member
Oct 31, 2011
My first fishing experience down at rehobeth beach was the best fishing experience I ever had. I caught two very big blue crabs on that day. It was in early spring. I really enjoyed fishing from my very first experience. Now fishing has become my passion.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
A 45 minute struggle with a Chinook Salmon in Lake Michigan.
the best lake in the world, i landed 3 nice cohos in the grand at the point this past fall in my kayak

as far as the best fishing trip if my life, that would be back when i was 4 i remember haling in this huge channel cat in on a little cheapy kids rod that was 2 ft. with stock line, i couldn't tell you how big it was, but it was the biggest channel cat caught in Michigan that year, i got the master angler award plaque and certificate for it. and we ate good that night, i couldnt tell you the weight, it was all of 20 lbs, had to be more than 30 in

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store