cory eggs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LauraL

AC Members
Jan 1, 2009
N.C.
So I've had a few tiny white eggs stuck to my tank wall for a couple of days now. I only see about 6, though it looks like some might have been eaten already. :( I'm wondering of they're peppered cory eggs.

The only other species in the tank are platies (livebearers) and rasbora hets, who I'm told lay like a hundred at a time on the underside of leaves. I don't see any on my java ferns or swords or anubias - just on the glass, about 4 in up from the gravel.n (see the tiny white specks by the cord below.
eggs.jpg
If they are peppered cory eggs, what can I do to hatch the survivors? They're about 2 days old, I think. Refugium and infusorium? Anything else?

eggs.jpg

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
they look like cory eggs to me. And yes the same basic care for fry works well. They are a little different because they spend their time on the bottom as opposed to the top, but that's a good thing when it comes to feeding.

LauraL

AC Members
Jan 1, 2009
N.C.
Cool! I love these guys! Would love to add 1-2 more to my tank and find homes for the rest - they're really fun corys, very active, very visible.

slipgate

AC Members
Mar 4, 2010
Probably too late for you but I scraped off the eggs in my tank with a razor blade and transferred them to a nursury tank. Now I have about 50 speckled cory! They hatch after about 2-3 days. If it takes much longer, they are not viable. If they are viable, they will turn greyish, the ones you have pictured are either newly laid or probably not viable. Good Luck!

LauraL

AC Members
Jan 1, 2009
N.C.
They weren't viable. Very sad. :( But now I know what to look for next time - I'd love to have some cory babies!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store