Am I the only one who likes all the odball fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blitzen25bm

AC Members
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
i have an arowana right now, not too strange, but im getting a few bichirs and maybe a snakehead soon. what are you into?

dwf73

Gold Dragon
Oct 29, 2003
brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Hey could you tell me about your eels? I am interested in keeping some, havent done so yet. I used to love the "oddball" fish when I was living in Asia-the selection was so great and I had about 15 large tanks running- I cant keep so much now because of space constraints, but I am still keeping up with my arowana and piranha hobbies- Cant wait to get a big house though, install some reinforcements in the floor, and get crackin with the big guns ;)

1tankneverenuff

CephHead
Feb 13, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
blitzen25bm, I'm basically into everything you hardly see or hear of. Eels, stingrays, knives, and just other really weird fish.

dwf73, I love my eels man. I only have one Peacock, one Tire Track, and the other one I have never seen before and so far I haven't found a picture of him on the net. I am really curious as to what he is because he is pretty. My first and only Snowflake Moray past away this week. I believe he had a disease before he was in my tanks. He slowly became sluggish and not eating, then eventually he just stopped breathing. Everyone else in the tank is fine, which is why I think he had the disease before I bought him. He lasted about a week in my tank. I'm working on getting alot more eels, like a Striped Peacock and Fire eels and many more. They love caves, thick plants, and a soft substrate to dig. They may escape once, but only once. They're smart, and it won't take long for them to realize their limits...

I really would like to get a Tanganyikan Banded eel, a beautiful addition to the aquarium, but costs a pretty penny as well. $69.99 at the LFS and that's a small one.

Last edited:

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
He was a rescue--the LFS took him in, and couldn't find a home for him locally, so I found a home and delivered him to the new owner. He spent the night in my house before the trip. He's still happy and healthy--begs for food, and is friendly.

1tankneverenuff

CephHead
Feb 13, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
Originally posted by OrionGirl
He was a rescue--the LFS took him in, and couldn't find a home for him locally, so I found a home and delivered him to the new owner. He spent the night in my house before the trip. He's still happy and healthy--begs for food, and is friendly.
What happened to him if he had to be rescued?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
His first owner was moving overseas and couldn't take the fish along on the move. He turned him in to the LFS.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store