FREE Root tab samples! pu/ship 32570

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
Another freebie. I have been busy making root tabs, well, squares and rectangles. Anyone want to give them a go? PM me your address and please bump the thread if interested.

These are great root tabs made by yours truly with a blend of N P K and CSM+B (that's macros + micros) held together by a very high quality completely raw carbondale red clay (really high in iron).

The rough ingredient percentages are as follows
Clay- 48%
CSM+B 32%
Magnesium Sulfate 8%
Potassium Sulfate 8%
Potassium Nitrate 4%

This current batch of root tabs are far from exact, shape wise, but I'm working on that and have a method to cut them more evenly in future batches.

They seem to hold up fairly well in water, but you definitely want to get them pushed into the substrate as soon as you get them wet.

I'll likely add a small sample of one of the newer food lines I've been using as well.

All I ask in return is a product review if possible.

Once again, PM with address if interested, and thanks!:)

-David

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
I'll give them a go. :)

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Likewise.

psusaxman2000

AC Members
Mar 21, 2011
I'll give them a shot as well. Since it's full of all of you ferts, are you still dosing the column? Do you have a guestimate on how long they last?

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
I'll give them a shot as well. Since it's full of all of you ferts, are you still dosing the column? Do you have a guestimate on how long they last?
I don't really bother to column dose because I'm mostly low to med light on my planted tanks. While I like the idea of EI dosing routines, my schedule and attention span doesn't allow for me to stay on schedule. So I keep it simple, keep the lighting fairly low, dose minimal ferts, and keep healthy plants that don't grow ragingly fast :)

I would apply these just like most other clay based tabs, once every 1-2 months. It really depends a lot on your specific tank, if you have them under heavy root feeders in higher light situations I'd add some monthly, if it were basic low light setup I'd probably stretch that to 2 or 3 months. Also depending on the substrate, if it were something like pea gravel then I'd replace them monthly since they'd dissolve much faster than buried deep in soil or sand.

psusaxman2000

AC Members
Mar 21, 2011
Should be a good fit for my 20 overall and few spots in my 55. Looking forward to trying them out.

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store