Shy Cories

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
I don't know what size tank you have but adding a few more may help. Not all cories are out in the front of the tank caring less that you're watching them. My black aeneus cories and my albino cories are always out in front and all over the tank fearlessly. My sterbai's hide. Both tanks of them. I have at least a dozen sterbai in my 75G along with a few albinos, and seeing the albinos out and about does nothing to give the sterbai braveness.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
I've done that just to watch the sterbai because my 75G is heavily planted. Sit in front of the tank and act like a piece of furniture! LOL! Get a bunch more of the same kind and hopefully there's boldness in numbers!

Fische Schlampe

AC Members
Apr 7, 2011
Australia
Real Name
D Nightshade
At the moment I have 2 albinos and 1 panda in a 130liter planted community tank.
The 2 albino corys are hyperative and zoom all around the front of the tank. They
dont seem to watch where they are going and I've seen them crash head first into
the larger blue acaras, sometimes even tailing behind them. It seems the acaras
don't know what to make of this behaviour and leave them alone.
The panda on the other hand is quite shy and hides alot. Unfortunatly the acaras
do chase this little guy. I plan on getting more pandas to see if that helps. He was
the only panda left at the fishshop when I bought him. I had hoped he would bud
up with the albinos but this has not happened.
The corydoras are a bit over 2cm long and the acaras are 8cm.

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
a blind cory has no fear thus will encourage other cories to come out

unfortunately all blind cories are either old or injured

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I agree getting more may help. It's funny you say your sterbai are shy Deb...mine are the most active fish in my tank!! I bought a bunch of khuli loaches based on others experiences I had read on this forum. I NEVER see them!! They are constantly hiding!! LOL
Just goes to show how variable behavior can be.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I agree getting more may help. It's funny you say your sterbai are shy Deb...mine are the most active fish in my tank!! I bought a bunch of khuli loaches based on others experiences I had read on this forum. I NEVER see them!! They are constantly hiding!! LOL
Just goes to show how variable behavior can be.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
The end of my 40G is right by the head of my bed and every morning all 6 of my sterbais line up and watch what I am doing. It is so cute.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store