NOOB TO ANGELS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

g3omanser

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
cerritos, california
hey guys!
i started the freshwater hobby 2 years ago(when i was 12) and i managed to get a 20 gallon TALL tank up and running from the time i started the hobby. so far i have a 5 harlies and 4 neons in there and was thinking of getting a single angel in there as a centerpiece.

please tell me if this is a good idea or give any suggestions and comments. THANKS!!!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
You could, some will say that is a bit small though. Dwarf gourami maybe?

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
One thing to consider. Angelfish are in the cichlid family and can become aggressive. I have had people buy individual angels from me only to return them (after they are full grown) because they became VERY territorial towards all the fish in the tank (one customer named their angel "Jaws" because she killed any other fish in their tank - became a great breeder for me). A 20 H would be small IMO for different groups of fish plus an angelfish. If you were talking a well planted 55 - there is plenty of room for everybody. I would think that over time the angel would dominate your tank and you would not be happy. I think Rbishop has a great idea - angels are beautiful fish but need room and can become aggressive - especially in smaller set ups.

Hope that helps,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store