moving all my tropical fish in with my new tank that i was given?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

4494fishlover

Registered Member
Mar 31, 2011
help please i was given a 2foot tropical tank and it had 2 gourami s a angle fish and a bristlenoise catfish and i am not sure if i should move my tropical fish in with them?? in my other tank i have one gourami a bristlenoise catfish 2 golden barbs. Do i move them???? i dont have room for both tanks :/:confused::confused::confused::help::help::help:

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
What are the exact dimensions of the tanks?

So, your saying that you want to have:

-2 Bristlenose Plecos
-an angel fish
- 2 Barbs
- 3 Gouramis

What species of gourami are they? Are your tanks cycled? What kind of filter are you running? Water PH and temperture?

4494fishlover

Registered Member
Mar 31, 2011
they are the 3 spot gourami and the tank is 3 years old and all the ph nitrates etc are fin i have a fluval U3 and its also got another really old one that has all the good bacteria in until the new one gets the bacteria

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
For any standard size 24" tank, that's about twice as much fish (adult sizes) as the tank should have in it, just based on bio-loads. All of those fish aside from the barbs should really be in a tank at least 36" or so regarless of what's kept with them just so they have room to roam about the tank. They each get to 4-6" once they reach adulthood, which makes for a very cramped 20-30g 24" tank.

3 Spot Gouramis are also not known for being kind to other Gouramis when they get older, so housing them together in any tank will be a gamble.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store