anenome help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chrisstager

AC Members
Jul 25, 2010
Purchased a bubble anenome last night. Put it in the tank it shriveled to nothing but by this morning it was open and full with both my maroon clowns in it. now this evening it has shirveled up again. Should i be worried.

chrisstager

AC Members
Jul 25, 2010
Sorry i'll post one tomarro don't have camewra on hand but after I a while with only blue led s on he filled back out he is in the brightest spot in my tank so maybe light was to much

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Nems acclimate themselves by taking in water through inflating and deflating. It is normal for this to happen after introduction to a new tank but it should subside. After its acclimated, it will still deflate now and then but the frequency should be far less. Keep an eye on its mouth. If it is continually gaping and/or discharging then you may have a problem.

Try not to feed it for at least a week and when you do feed it use small particles of food like mysis, etc. If its a small nem, the clowns might beat it up too so keep an eye on that as well.

Try and post a pic when you can.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store