Maroon clown breading question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chrisstager

AC Members
Jul 25, 2010
I have a large maroon clown and a very small gold striped maroon clown. In the bigging the large would chase the small but eventually tolerated it. Now for a good six or eight months they have constantly been together the gold strip has finally matured and turned gold. Is there a chance the could bread and if so would the babies be regular or gold striped. Yesturday i added a bubble tip anenome and they are even in it together

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
It is possible they can breed if conditions are right... as far as what kind they will be... they will be a mix of both and variations in between if you can successfully raise them from fry, which is pretty hard to do. My clowns have babies all the time, but the babies never make it past 24 hours because I don't have the setups to raise them yet.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Congratulations! Maroons are one of the more difficult species to work with in great part because they're so aggressive to each other that forming a pair can be difficult. Practically any two 1" Ocellaris introduced to each other makes a pair, but putting two 1" Maroons together more often than not makes dead fish. There's a reason that mated pairs of Maroons cost way more than 2x the price of a single.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store