Sigh.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TabisFish

AC Members
Jan 21, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Real Name
Tabi Underwood
Alrighty. I'll get scorned, but this is not my doing. My step dad has a 55, heavily planted. In it he has, two red zebra cichlids, female kenyi, jewel cichlid (mine), yellow horizontally striped cichlid (idk the name), A chewed up parrot cichlid we got from my sister, a tiger oscar, an electric yellow cichlid, a green terror, and two catfish we recently added. None of these fish exceed 3", but I know it's over stocked and he refuses to rehome any of them. I bought the jewel and the catfish, hoping to just have a jewel tank, but he bought the rest on impulse. I'm trying to convice him to give the south americans to our LFS for credits, but we love our oscar. He wants to buy a 150 when we get our tax refund. But I'm trying to convice him into a 125, because the 125 has a bigger footprint than the 150 at our LFS. I don't know what to do about him. I love my jewel and oscar :((

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
If it's his tank then it's his to decide what to do with. If it were my tank, I would decide african rift lake, CA/SA, or african riverine and then take the rest of the fish back to the LFS. Then I would properly stock around the theme I wanted.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
In it he has, two red zebra cichlids, female kenyi, jewel cichlid (mine), yellow horizontally striped cichlid (idk the name), A chewed up parrot cichlid we got from my sister, a tiger oscar, an electric yellow cichlid, a green terror, and two catfish we recently added. None of these fish exceed 3", but I know it's over stocked and he refuses to rehome any of them. I bought the jewel and the catfish, hoping to just have a jewel tank, but he bought the rest on impulse. I'm trying to convice him to give the south americans to our LFS for credits, but we love our oscar. He wants to buy a 150 when we get our tax refund. But I'm trying to convice him into a 125, because the 125 has a bigger footprint than the 150 at our LFS. I don't know what to do about him. I love my jewel and oscar :((
+1 for noticing his tank was a bit off. Why does he refuse to rehome them? Could you get a separate tank for your fish and just let his...sort of...work things out on their own? The yellow striped is an auratus which is as nasty as that kenyi will get. It's not stocked with enough mbunas and they will start massacring the parrot and other non-mbunas.

:cheers: :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store