Are these "Stress" stripes on Honey Gourami?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Doc7

AC Members
Nov 18, 2010
Hello all,

First off, I am running a 20 gallon high tank, which is filtered with an Eheim 2213 (according to a fish-stock calculator out there on the internet it is way overfiltered even for this, admittedly overstocked tank)

- 7 Cardinal Tetra
- 7 Cory Sterbaii

- 2 Honey Gourami I added yesterday a little over 24 hours ago (they called them "Firetail Honey" in the LFS)

I am concerned about the stripes on the gourami which I don't think were present in the store. I hope my fish aren't stressed out.

I just ran a check and the stats are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and 20-30 ppm nitrate. I perform a 6-gallon water change every 5-7 days and the last one was 3 days ago.

Here are two of the better pics I could get, the one nibbling algae off the heater shows the stripe I am speaking of:

the other one looking at his reflection in the glass:

Here is a picture of the tank shot - please note - I am changing out the fake log for a real piece of (way too large!) driftwood which I currently am soaking in a pail, and also have requests in to two separate LFS to give me a call when they get some Riccia. Planting up this tank, specifically with riccia for the gourami comfort, is my next goal.

And lastly, here are a couple tankmates:

[FONT=&quot]

Thank you...
[/FONT]

Doc7

AC Members
Nov 18, 2010
Store employee told me they only had males ... not that I would mind having a female though!!

Doc7

AC Members
Nov 18, 2010
I will have to try to get better pictures so you guys can help me determine if I have two females or a pair.

The one with the stripes chases the other one out of "her" territory - is this behavior you would expect from a female Honey?

sorry if questions are annoying - i haven't been able to get a good look to sex the cories and no idea about the cardinals, i might as well try with the easier-to-spot gourami!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store