Little pygmy corys

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Samba264

AC Members
Nov 26, 2010
Wellington, NZ
Real Name
Sam
Hey,
I got a few pygmy corys a few days ago and am wondering if I can put them in with my Zebra Danios or keep them separate as they are still juveniles. They are in a medium planted tank with quite a few hiding places and soft substrate.

Cheers,
Sam

Jumko

AC Members
Jun 18, 2004
Jersey
Visit site
Real Name
Patrick
Zebra danios spend most of their time at the surface and will rarely interact with bottom feeders like cories. They'll be fine together, just make sure you feed the cories when the lights are off so the danios don't get to the food before they do.

BrandyCat

AC Members
Feb 21, 2011
I keep mine with my tiger endlers and they do fine. I found c. habrosus at an LFS that has uncommon stock. I love them and I'm looking to get more. I have some specialy cory food that I picked up at a swap meet and when I feed I just give the endler hybrids their blood worms first and everyone eats. I'll be moving these little corydoras to a species tank once I acquire some more. I think it would be awesome to spawn these guys.

What type did you get? Do you plan to spawn them? I've heard they aren't to tough to spawn.

Samba264

AC Members
Nov 26, 2010
Wellington, NZ
Real Name
Sam
I've got Corydoras pygmaeus, they're absolutely gorgeous! I've only got 2 at the moment as the other two died soon after being shipped to me but I'm going for a pilgrimage out to the nearest good fish place hopefully this weekend to get some more...I'd love to try spawning them as soon as they're mature and fully settled in.
Even with only two of them they school better than the danios

Samba264

AC Members
Nov 26, 2010
Wellington, NZ
Real Name
Sam
I've got Corydoras pygmaeus, they're absolutely gorgeous! I've only got 2 at the moment as the other two died soon after being shipped to me but I'm going for a pilgrimage out to the nearest good fish place hopefully this weekend to get some more...I'd love to try spawning them as soon as they're mature and fully settled in.
Even with only two of them they school better than the danios

Whoops...glitch:)

2rivers

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
NH
Real Name
Brandon
The trick to breeding them is Storm Fronts. Low pressure. RAIN. MY breedin story is a Featured Post over @ RPH's Aqua Botanics' Aqua Bloggin new site. The forum there needs some action,come check it out dudes, theres great articles from all the TFH regulars

BrandyCat

AC Members
Feb 21, 2011
Wow I love the site. Impressive layout. Great articles. I may just have to link to it. GOOD tip 2rivers. I heard a little peat moss in the filter goes a long way too. Low pressure... going to have to jot that one down.

2rivers

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
NH
Real Name
Brandon
I dont know how to link stuff. Ive only had internet afew years so GOOGLE is still blowin my mind. Ive never dailed a cell phone and I cant play video games. Ive caught brook trout with my bare hands,nature is all I know. Mr.Robert Paul Hudson is a great guy and I love wild fish collecting storries from guys like Stan Sung and Ted Judy. Glad you like the site BrandyCat Ive been trying to spread the word about the awesome people involved. Did you check out Shrimp Lab.com? talkin FRICKIN WICKED SHRIMP!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store