46 gallon stock list

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lionsfan09

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Im making a 46 gallon bowfront into a reef. Any input or advice would be great. Heres the list.
1-coral beauty
3-chromis
2- false percula
1-bicolor blenny
And I would like one larger fish to be the star of the show. Right now I like the christmas wrasse but not sure. Any suggestions would be great. Not sure on the corals yet but I do want an anemone.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Your stocking list sounds good. I really can't see any glaring issues with it. Just be careful with the Christmas Wrasse if you get one.. I have seen several wrasses that look similar labeled as a Christmas Wrasse and some of the mislabeled ones are mean, fish only types, and get really big. Check out Google Images for Christmas Wrasse and you will see what I am talking about.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have always loved Tangs, great reef fish IMO. Your tank is little small for a tangs though. For a 55gal or less the dwarf Angels (Coral Beauty) that you already have is a nice center fish. If you are planning on a reef (and I assume SPS corals) remember you must stock lightly to have a successfull reef tank.

You may have to fine this out the hard way, but I have NEVER had much sucess with chromis. They always kill each other till I only have one large one!!!! This was in my 120gal. It did not make a difference if I had 3,5 or 7. eventually I had only one!!!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
3 in a 46G may be pushing it.. here is a picture from my old house mates tank/Chromis, standard 75G.. started with 2 babies... 5 years later had 2 big fat adults.. perfect fish the entire time. I think tangs are great reef fish as well, as long as you have a suitable tank for them (120G+ for all except the bristletooth family). I see way to many people putting yellow tangs in tanks less than 100G and it is rarely a happy tang (90% of yellow tangs I see in tanks under 100G have HLLE disease), although there are exceptions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store