Foxface behavior

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

flairbrtndr

AC Members
Mar 24, 2010
North Richland Hills, Texas
Ok so I am looking for someone experienced in Metallic Foxface behavior... I have had mine for a little over a year now and he's recently developed an odd quirk and I have no idea why... First let me give the stats... Tank is 140 fowlr, water tests are fine, temp is around 27 C. Here's the issue..

The Foxface has been randomly swimming to the top of the water, sticking his "snout" out of the water, changing colors and blowing bubbles from his gills... He does this for a few min. then changes back to normal color and swims around normally. He does this all day at random times and has been doing this for about 2 months now.. Anyone have any idea what's going on? None of my other fish are doing anything similar nor are any other fish showing any unusual behavior.

Oh speaking of other fish, tank mates are: Orbic Batfish, Yellow tang, Unicorn Tang, 2 Engineer Gobies, Mated pair of Black Saddleback Clowns, Red, Yellow and Green Coris Wrasses, Bi-color Dwarf Angel, Scooter Blenny, Mandarin Dragonette, and a pair of Fire Shrimp.

johnny roastbee

M.A.N. Community Vendors
Nov 13, 2010
Its what they do. I have a starry rabbitfish that does the same thing. Nothing to worry about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store