I fed my pleco a zucchini slice....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mirasmom

AC Members
Dec 28, 2010
And he hasn't let go of it since! It's about 4 times as big as he is (he's only a little over an inch in size). He's a baby bristlenose albino. Should I take it away from him at some point??? lol

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
When I leave an inch thick slice of zucchini (with peel on it) in the tank, it looks like a piece of green lace in the morning. My army of Bristles love to munch it up. There is very little left to rot.

Last edited:

jbowzer7

AC Members
Apr 5, 2008
Red Wing, MN
Mine always eat everything. If I feed a piece from a big zucchini, there might be an outside ring of a seed that I take out the next day.

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
I just leave mine and let the snails and shrimp eat whatever the plecos don't, but my plecos don't really leave much lol. They love the zuch!

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
I've left mine in overnight and found nothing but the skin in the AM. I have Petricola's that love zuch and cucumber, I like to give it to them once a week.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
They do, but they don't like them as much as other foods in my experience. They also will make your water cloudy if you leave it in for too long, there is a lot of starch in sweet potato.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store