my 29 gallon setups

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Crispino Ramos

AC Members
Apr 8, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Real Name
Crispino Ramos
Your plants wouldn't get any nutrient from the epoxy glazed gravel, the fish load seems high, the jade plant is a terrestrial plant.

redbullbill

AC Members
Mar 23, 2011
berks, pa
Thanks for the input!!The bottom tank ended up that way cause my fiance wanted more color.One day when she is at work i'm gonna change out the substrate.Not sure what color to go with.
Any suggestions seeming the tank has goldfish?

londonloco

AC Members
Oct 15, 2009
Right now I'm into black substrate and black painted backs. It would make the gold and/or white fish colors pop. If you really like plants, maybe a bag of eco complete or black Flourite? Just a thought....

redbullbill

AC Members
Mar 23, 2011
berks, pa
I like plants alot.I have a jungle in my house somewhere in the range of 180 plants!!!!
I would love to put plants inwith the goldfish other than bamboo, but they eat every thing i put in.What kind of plants won't they eat?

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
29 gal is too small for goldfish.

londonloco

AC Members
Oct 15, 2009
Oh sorry! I've haven't kept gold fish in 35 years, I forgot they eat plants. There are plant that they don't like...low light plants I think, like java fern, moss, anubius, Cryptocoryne and Hygrophila. Google it, I know it can be done.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store