AHHH!!!! They Spawned early and in the wrong place.. Now What!?!?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

moe17

AC Members
Jan 27, 2011
I just seperated my angel pair 2 days ago and wasnt expecting a spawn for a week!! They spawned already! And in the wrong place! I had a slate in there all planned out to remove it and place it in a small 2 gal. high tank but she laid them on the castle which is too big to move into the small one! Now What??? Do I take the parents out and put them in the main tank or do I let them stay and see what happens. The male looked like he got bored towards the end and just stopped fertilizing. Now that theyre done the female wont leave the eggs besides to eat. She looks like shes fanning them with her fins and picks at them once in a while.. Thats good right? Does that mean shes going to care for them? The male doesnt pay much attention to her or the eggs now hes kinda minding his own business.. so should I just take him out or will the female freak out? They really threw me for a loop. I dont know what to do now!!! Also some of the eggs are white obviously because he quit so will they pick off the mouldy ones or do I have to get in there and do it with a dropper? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!

moe17

AC Members
Jan 27, 2011
okay, Ill probably leave them for at least a few more days. The male is supposed to switch out roles with the female caring for eggs?

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I've never spawned angels (at least not yet!), but I would wait and see what they do. It sure is alot easier if they parent raise! If the male is aloof..I would think about taking him out.

moe17

AC Members
Jan 27, 2011
Well as of late last night they ate all the eggs. what a disappointment. Better luck next time i suppose

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store