Brachyrhamdia meesi info

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ShadowBeast

AC Members
Aug 10, 2010
Does anyone have any experience with these catfish and any others from the Brachyrhamdia family?
I've looked at planetcatfish and it says they stay under 4 inches and like to swim with cories.
I'd like to hear from those who seen and delt with them and see if planetcatfish is right, because it sounds like these catfish would get along with smaller fish(not tetra size) then most non-cory catfish.

ShadowBeast

AC Members
Aug 10, 2010
Has anyone ever even heard of them?

knifegill

AC Members
Jan 13, 2005
I had one. He did fine for over a year and then contracted a strange illness. His tissues became inflated and white and he did not respond to being moved into a new tank, or subsequent treatments. I euthanized him as he was clearly suffering. But before that he was amazing.

ShadowBeast

AC Members
Aug 10, 2010
I had one. He did fine for over a year and then contracted a strange illness. His tissues became inflated and white and he did not respond to being moved into a new tank, or subsequent treatments. I euthanized him as he was clearly suffering. But before that he was amazing.
That's a shame how he died, sounds like a great catfish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store