Community tank build thread/Q's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TabisFish

AC Members
Jan 21, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Real Name
Tabi Underwood
Okay. got a bit sidetracked, but back onto german blue ram tank. I got a 37 gal, redid the silicone, and now I'm running the filter on my 55 until it's got some good goop in there.
Stocking idea is as follows:
-pair of GBR
-pair of bolivian rams
-6 panda cories
-8 schoolers (preferably a very small schooling fish; any recommendations?)

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I'd personally just stick with one pair of rams or the other.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Will they cause trouble?
It probably won't cause trouble, there is a possibility of them being territorial is paired. But GBRs are such timid fish I think you'd see more of them with just one or the other. It's just my personal preference. I had my GBRs in a 37 with just them, it was moderatly planted and they were very active and right out front. I added some corys and the rams hid.

TabisFish

AC Members
Jan 21, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Real Name
Tabi Underwood
Interesting, I'll probably try both at first, see how they act... then if there's a weird behavior, I'll give one pair to my LFS

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
praecox rainbows all the way...get 5 or 6 of them. Beautiful fish, I have 4 females in my 100g and they pop.

:cheers:

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
It probably won't cause trouble, there is a possibility of them being territorial is paired. But GBRs are such timid fish I think you'd see more of them with just one or the other. It's just my personal preference. I had my GBRs in a 37 with just them, it was moderatly planted and they were very active and right out front. I added some corys and the rams hid.
I think maybe all rams have different personalities cuz ur rams sometimes hide, but mine get along fine with a 10" pleco, a huge emerald green cory and a 6" red tail shark. It all depends on the fish you get, some are aggresive/scared/peaceful.
:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store