Help sexing Green Terror, Photo

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChiragMCOptom

Registered Member
Apr 20, 2011
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help me sex these 2, There is definitely a difference in appearance. The one on the left I'm pretty sure is a Male but the one on the right I'm not so sure the dorsal fin is nowhere near as long but it is slightly pointed and not rounded. The one on the right also does not have a nuchal bump yet and fin colouring is much weaker than the one on the left. BUT body colours are similar. Any opinions would be great sorry for the poor shot grabbed it while they lip locked to try and get a comparisonphoto.JPG

This is a youtube link to the whole thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYunB7ZEnEI

photo.JPG

Last edited:

ChiragMCOptom

Registered Member
Apr 20, 2011
Hey guys just in case anyone reading this wondered I just vented them both within a few mins. easy to catch, flipped them over and compared the 2, the one on the right appears to be female her anus and genital papilla (i think thats what its called) appear as oO and the anus and the genital papilla of the male on the left appears as oo, when you compare side by side its obvious. First time I've vented a fish and was worried I didn't know what I was doing but turns out it was easier than I thought and now feel confident the one on the left is MALE and one on the right is FEMALE. P.S the genital papilla of the female appears pink and that of the male appears white, hope this helps!!! :D and they are gorgeous, though a little stressed out from the venting, but wouldn't you be if someone flipped you upside down and stared and compared your bits :S, hopefully they calm down soon

Last edited:

ChiragMCOptom

Registered Member
Apr 20, 2011
Sorry one more thing must stress it was my first time venting and i may have perhaps made a mistake so if I seem to have please correct me. All I have gone on is a straight comparison of the genital areas of both and described their appearance which seems to match that of which I have found on other sites describing how to vent fish. Thanks

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Sounds and looks like a pair whether their a pair and are compatible we will see but good job on the venting which is the only true way to determine the sex.. Nice fish..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store