Update on my Indian Mudskippers.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shaynablizard

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
US
Real Name
Shayna
All my skippers are still doing great. They continue to entertain me daily. I've made some changes to they're tank, so thought I'd share an updated picture. Also, I see one occassionally go in and out of a burrow they have created under a piece of slate. I've attached a picture of that as well, since I find it interesting. They're getting quite used to me, and now about go piranha on my hand when I'm bringing food. Good thing they don't have big teeth! They're very curious and watch me about as much as I watch them. Enjoy the pics!:dance:
Shayna

skipper setup.JPG skipper burrow.JPG

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Wow, fantastic looking tank! Do you plan on, or is it even possible, to add anything else to the tank? Poison dart frog would look cool in there, but I have no clue how compatible things are in that realm of aquarium/terrarium, whatever the heck you call it besides awesome looking. LOL.

shaynablizard

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
US
Real Name
Shayna
Thanks very much for the compliments. I have tried my best to give them a setup that would make them happiest so they will demonstrate as natural of behaviors as possible. There are very few tankmates that are safe for them. There are a few ghost shrimp in the water to clean up food. They must be breeding, I recently found a very young shrimp in there but haven't added any. Red claw crabs work with them sometimes, but the mudskippers steal the show from any tankmate. Guppies or mollies may work in a tank with more water volume, but that's about it.

Oh yeah - and I have nerite snails and trumpet snails in there for cleanup.

shaynablizard

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
US
Real Name
Shayna
That. Is. Amazing.
(AND THEYRE ADORABLE)
Thanks! :) They do have the cutest faces ever. My favorite is when I walk up to the tank, they all come running and a couple of them will smoosh their mouths against the glass! Nothing like a mushed skipper face (begging for food)! LOL

Last edited:

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
WOW! Amazing tank, great job! I can't wait until I can convince my parents to let me keep these guys.

Yeah terrestrial tankmates aren't good with skippers because of the brackish water.

BTW what is that plant in the left corner?

shaynablizard

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
US
Real Name
Shayna
WOW! Amazing tank, great job! I can't wait until I can convince my parents to let me keep these guys.

Yeah terrestrial tankmates aren't good with skippers because of the brackish water.

BTW what is that plant in the left corner?
Thanks, they are the most fun fish to have, hands down. It's hard to keep anything aquatic with them too, unless you have a huge tank, but I find mine like the shallow water and sometimes walk along the bottom, so I like the depth I have. It's only about 5-6" of water.
The plant is a gigantic fake plant I picked up at a Michaels craft store and washed well. They love to sit on the big leaves at the bottom. The only live plants I have are some mangroves. I do get a lot of comments, even when people look at the tank in person, on how realistic the plants look.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store