ID on snake

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fm121

Registered Member
Apr 25, 2011
hey all first post on here, a user on an radio control car forum sent me here to get to find out. im trying to get an ID on this snake, found him in my screen enclosure and decided to snap some shots of him on my rc, went through the normal internet channels and couldnt find any solid results. anyway i used to be an avid reptile enthusiast so i really want to know what species this guy is. as im sure itll help i live in south florida.

incase your wondering why hes dry in one pic and wet in annother its because he took a shot avross my pool halfway through taking pictures

bdw you guys seem to have a great forum over here. could spend hours just browsing through it.

tolawdjk

AC Members
Sep 8, 2010
Given that it is Florida, could be a black mamba. I mean the safe bet is some kind of racer, but given everything that has been dumped in Florida, I wouldn't be surprised to see a thylacine show up there.

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
Def looks like a racer of some sort to me also.

SHWAGert

RAGE QUIT!
Feb 11, 2011
NC
Real Name
Daniel
I'd have to agree with Vicious, that looks identical to an Everglades Racer. Southern Black Racers have little to no white coloration on them except the underside of the jaw and neck. Everglades on the other hand generally have a gray to white colored underside all the way down their bodies

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store