Cacatuoide vs. Borellii

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I have an empty 72 bowfront and was looking at apistos. Cacatuoide and Borellii are the only two my LFS can order. They charge ~10-12$ per fish. Any one with experience with these guys have any input? Pros and cons?

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Why not both in 72G if possible as they both are gorgeous??? That is if appropriately aquascaped to accomodate them.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Why not both in 72G if possible as they both are gorgeous??? That is if appropriately aquascaped to accomodate them.
I thought about it. But if there is a chance they will interbreed I don't want to. I know that unwanted crosses are frowned upon and I don't have the heart to be constantly culling babies :\

All I have planned for scape right now is a HUGE piece of driftwood, and I mean huge. I can't lift it, I have to have my dad or one of my brothers do it lol

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I'm not 100% sure about this but i'm pretty sure they can't interbreed. They are still different species. My favorite are cacatoide's because the male's always look so amazing. If you lived closer i'd give you some of my cac females.
*wonders how long a drive to colorado would be....*

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I also do not think they would interbreed. A 72 would be room for both species to carve out their own territory. They are both really nice.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
this is the driftwood that is going in the tank.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
wow that'll look amazing. That is an amazing piece of driftwood. Did you find it or buy it?
Found it in a lake in North Carolina, it was huge.I had to move it with a dolly I'll dig up that picture

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store