What to feed nickle sized Angelfish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Digital

IC3D
Nov 18, 2007
Fairfield County, CT
www.ic3d.net
Real Name
Marc Digital
I'm currently giving them freeze dried bloodworms and they love them. When I try freeze dried tubifex they totally ignore it. When I try freeze dried brine shrimp some take it, some don't. Then others take it, then spit it back out. Should I just do flakes + bloodworms, or what?

I want them to grow fast!

Feeding 2 to 3 times a day. Water changes of 50% now, instead of 75%, once a week with gravel vacs. Tank is 120g, 5ft long.

Any advice is welcomed, I just dont want them to ONLY eat bloodworms, as I'd like them to have a well balanced diet.

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
What about hatching brine shrimp? Newly hatched brine shrimp is a great food for fry.

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
I feed mine mainly flake - I mix several of Ken's flake in a gallon bucket and feed them twice a day. On the freeze dried - are you letting it sit in water before feeding to the angels? If they are eating it dry off the surface it can cause bloat (it hydrates in their stomachs). I also feed mine frozen blood worms and brine shrimp from Hikari.

Hope that helps,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store