its time to play dentist with my puffer..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Karma954

Say hi to Tweezy :D
Apr 16, 2011
broward county
Real Name
Mason
ive had my puffer (tweezy, the gangster that u see in my profile pic) for about a year and a half+, and his teeth have grown substantially long. ive tried to remedy this issue wtih feeding him snails, but it just dosnt seem to be doing the trick. hes been feed krill for a long time but that does nothing. im not taking any chances, his teeth are getting clipped. problem is, i have no idea where to get the anesthetic?? where can i get the stuff! ive heard of a product called fin-quil but ive never been able to find

Karma954

Apr 16, 2011
broward county
Real Name
Mason
woww no1 has an answer for this!? i need help sum1 has to know. PUFFER GUY WHERE U AT!

stoneyredneck

AC Members
Apr 22, 2011
You are supposed to be able to use clove oil. But I have no puffers and never tried. You will want to google and watch some Youtube vids before you do, so you can get the dosage and everything right. From what I have heard you have to be careful to not let them fill up with air as well while doing it.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Yeah, clove oil was suggested a lot early on since it seemed to sedate the fish. Then people started noticing nasty side effects depending on how long the fish is sedated and repeated treatments. It's probably still possible to use it, but not really considered worth the risk since it requires everything to be done very quickly and perfectly (which is usually not a combination that goes together well).

The Puffer Forum is generally a very good source for this type of stuff (as happypoet linked). Pufferpunk does pop up around here from time to time, but not sure if she really hangs out here as much as in the past.

Karma954

Apr 16, 2011
broward county
Real Name
Mason
WELL thank u all for the help. but wtf is a fosters and smith? imma check out that puffer forum, u guys were a good help thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store