"new" old tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

maxthedog123

Can't have too many Tiger Barbs...
Jun 6, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
I haven't posted pictures for quite some time so I decided to post pictures of my 55g. I've gone from 2x54w T5HO lighting and pressurized CO2 to a 2x28w T5NO setup with no CO2. I dose perhaps once a week and have cut back significantly on the photo period to maybe 8 hours per day. BBA is still on some leaves, but hasn't spread in a long time. When I bought my big sword it had 2 babies and they have grown to a point where I need to find a good home for them.

I also switched it up from my beloved tiger barbs and got angels for the first time which I am enjoying.

My old setup is in this thread:

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?138460-55g-and-30g-planted-tanks

fish.jpg

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Some epic plants in that tank, man. Great job!

:cheers:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Looks great!

bangme33

AC Members
Aug 24, 2008
nice looking setup! plants look good too, iam unable to grow valis in mine they jsut wont take

maxthedog123

Jun 6, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
I could only grow Vals when I finally decided to quit using Excel. As I mentioned above, I quit on the Excel because I got the BBA under control.

I am thinking of adding more wisteria in the middle of the tank. I love crypts, but in this tank they never seem to grow much. In my 30g tank they are out the top of the tank - I'll post a picture of that one tomorrow.

maxthedog123

Jun 6, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Sitting here tonight, I am realizing that I will need to move the anubias in the front right corner at some point before it gets buried by the sword.

steffish

AC Members
Apr 18, 2006
Nice tank! How do you like those Columbian tetras? Not as popular as they should be, in my opinion, and good in a planted tank.

maxthedog123

Jun 6, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
I think the Colombian tetras are very cool. I wish I could have a matched set of either the Colombian tetras or the scissortail tetras (Moenkhausia intermedia, not a rasbora). I ended up with a mismatched group and I've never seen either at a shop near me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store