Wow just found a new batch of red marble short fin bn plecos

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
Heck i thought the pair were dead I had not seen them for a while <br />
I guess they were shackin up and guarding eggs all this time lol still don't think they were grown enough but I guess they showed me. Lol

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
img_0296.jpgimg_0299.jpgimg_0302.jpgimg_0289.jpg

been just fine busy with life i gues not much time for me,..lol

is it me or are reds supposed to be yellow when babies?? there are just 2 red marbles in there,.. 1 i new was and up and comming male but was still waiting for the smaller on to grow so i could see,.. but i guess i can see its a she,..lol

img_0289.jpg img_0302.jpg img_0299.jpg img_0296.jpg

lookit

AC Members
Jun 9, 2009
OK
Dixie!!!! Good to see you're still with us. Hope things are going well for you. Don't be such a stranger.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Well funny thing today I saw a dark baby so it seems I have a lot of albino marbles ????
Anyone else have something like this???
This is gettin really weird lol the dark baby looks like parents color bit a lot of babies are pale yello with spots ?! Lol

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
the calico fry are a yellowish color with brownish spots. when my pair had their fry, the babies were the same color as the photos. once they get older, their color gets darker to what their parents are.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
i had some that were darker than others. the lighter ones seemed to die sooner than the darker ones or it may just be the color. are your calicos mixed (different colored parents/grandparents)? it might be that. when mine were born, they were the same color as yours then they stared to get darker over the yellow color. dont worry. they're marble bristlenoses so they will change color when older.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store