37 Gallon Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Hello! I currently have a healthy 37 gal freshwater aquarium with 1 bulldog pleco, 1 leopard bushfish, 6 serpae tetras, 3 black skirt tetras, and 5 albino cories. It is planted with 3 sword plants, 5 cabombas, and some floating anacharis. My main concerns for now are more plants, improve health of fish, and get a good CO2 system. But since i have relatively little patience, i was wandering if anybody had any suggestions on any fish i could add, equipment to get, medication, chemicals, or equipment to try out. It is a top fin 37 gallon set, in case you need to know, and i am also saving up for a 30 gal tank for a trio of dwarf cockatoo cichlids.

Any help would be appreciated.

thx,

Spencer

cradlefan

AC Members
Jul 24, 2008
Real Name
Kris
you could just add more plants and co2, no new fish...you would have a lush jungle in there. I always stock really light in a planted tank, overall keeps the tank healthier. If it were my tank, I would just keep one type of tetra and return the others. whichever tetra you like best, return the other type and buy 5 or so new tetras of the type you keep. I don't think I have ever seen a "bushfish" so can't comment on them. Good luck.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
I wouldn't get new fish, just return some tetras and keep only 1 species like cradlefan said^. For plants, I would get some rotala(any type), and some dwarf harigrass and plant it. These plants will spread and grow fast with Co2. I have no suggestions for Co2, you could get one of those nutrasystem Co2 kits.
IDK

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
ya, i was thinking about getting some hairgrass or something like that and also getting something else for the surface. I might get rid of the anacharis after getting a different floating plant, as it doesnt have a natural look as a floater. Im not giving up any tetras, because they are all so awesome and they actually school together. They also contrast in color, making the aquarium beautiful.

And also, what size aquarium would be good for a trio of dwarf cockatoo cichlids and maybe some otos? Im thinking a bowfront.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
bump up

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
I think for a floating plant, u could get duckweed, but u have to remember to not let it overrun ur tank.

And for the new tank, I would say, a 26G bow would be perfect. Then, you could even get a small school of tetras(6-8) and some corys.

silentcircuit

AC Members
Mar 3, 2011
Columbia, SC
Real Name
Chris
Maybe Brazilian pennywort? I like this stuff, it's fairly attractive, grows quickly, but it's a lot easier to keep under control than duckweed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store