yellow tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
i got a yellow tang about 3 days ago, he is very skidish and shy. is this normal? ive done alot of rearrangeing of rock work, and i removed two damsels yesterday, and added live rock the day before. will he just tank a while to calm down? also, i try and feed him, but because he hides, i cant tell if he is eating or not. will he eat food off the bottom? i try to clip dried seaweed to the side of the tank, but usually it breaks off, not sure if its because of him or what. any advice?

thanx

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
It will probably be nervous for a few days expect him to hide out till he gets used to the situation. I wouldn't rearange anything else for a few days either that way he can feal a little more at home and secure. What other sort of fish do you have and how big is your tank? They need a pretty big tank good water quality and lot of veggies. Also does it have any little white dots on it's body? A lot of times new Tangs come down with ich if they are too stressed out so kind of expect it.
Hth
Chris

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
its a 75 gallon, hes the only one in there now. originally he was in there with two damsels. i have heard that hawaian yellow tangs are hardy? nope, the only white spot is his scalpel

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store