Long Finned GBR?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
IMO it looks like a female long fin GBR. She is verry pretty!

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
I'm still a bit surprised stores haven't caught onto this fact yet. They are usually pretty good about separating out differences, marking them up by 2-3x the price, and selling them as a separate type of fish. :rofl:

kevinb120

AC Members
Jan 22, 2010
Centreville Va
Here's my little dude. Started out with not one long ray, 7 months later his first three are incredibly long(the front two are conjoined, with different colors and a bit of wacky webbing). They keep getting longer and longer, his upper dorsal towards the rear looks more like a bolivian. Been super hardy and a great fish, after three prior attempts with GBR's in the past(I'd bet the first three were lousy Asian stock). Not sure exactly what the deal is with this dude, but he's well 'endowed' for sure...:) Funny enough, his tail is pretty stubby. I can never catch him on camera when he fully flares out, looks much longer then even the second pic, very cool. He'll actually 'latch' on to java fern leaves in the filter current with his front rays.

gbr3.jpg

gbr2.jpg

gbr7.jpg

gbr3.jpg gbr2.jpg gbr7.jpg

Last edited:

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Hi! That is a great looking fish! Hey, where did you guys get your long finned German Blues? I can't find them anywhere! Still, that's an AWESOME FISH!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store