Anyone shipped dwarf water lettuce?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
Just wondering if anyone has shipped dwarf water lettuce, and if so, how did you package it? I've had some that has made it fine and some that ended up mushy (both sent and received), so I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it.

I usually ship all of my plants with a small amount of water in a fish bag. I've done the paper towel method in the past, but it seems like the fish bag does better with plants overall. I've not tried the paper towel method with these particular plants though.

I thought it might be heat related but I'm not so sure, a recent shipment that mushed out was in an insulated box with shrimp that made it just fine.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Water lettuce doesn't ship well. I've had the most success sending the small plants (less than a quarter diameter) with few roots. I send them in a damp paper towel inside ziplock bags.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I've shipped it out and received it also. I use damp newspaper to keep the roots wet and try to leave some air so that the tops don't touch the plastic directly. Never gotten any complaints, but I received it mushy the first time I got it...it seems to bounce back well :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store