The feeding tube.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
I need one of those, i can't get food past the harley ras worth a nickel with dog poop on it.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
That is like a mini version of what they use in huge public aquariums to feed the sting rays and other bottom fish. Except that they are 500X bigger.:)

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
That is like a mini version of what they use in huge public aquariums to feed the sting rays and other bottom fish. Except that they are 500X bigger.:)
Really? Thats cool, I would like to see that.

Dimil

AC Members
Nov 17, 2008
I got a clear plastic tube 1.5" dia. and 2' long from home depot to feed bloodworms to my depressed clown loach (other were fine).
Disolved worm cube in cup with water, and then poured down the tube, then wash it down with some more water right to his mouth.
So he would grab some before other fish will devour the worms.

He was 2.5" and very skinny then...
now he is about 6.5", well rounded and happy little loach :)

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Riser tubes for UGF work well and come in a variety of lengths. I used one to feed an angler--he learned the tube = food.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Really? Thats cool, I would like to see that.
yeah, i know, they are awesome, and the stingrays and all the other bottom dweller saltwater fish in their gigantic aquariums rush in to eat

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
Yes they have learned that the tube = food.

2rivers

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
NH
Real Name
Brandon
Nice group of corries. Do they breed? I feed my Loach witha old gravel vac tube

Lise

AC Members
Oct 13, 2010
I have two reptile granite dishes (about 1/2" deep, 2 1/2" wide) that I drop food onto with a tube for my rams. They bite at the tube before anything is in it! It keeps the tetras from snapping up all the food, and cuts down on wasted food. I feed algae wafers to my BN pleco the same way.

I keep the dishes under fake stumps and oftentimes the rams sleep in them at night.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store