albino bullsnake feeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ruckaisawesome

AC Members
Dec 30, 2010
This is the first live feeding for my bullsnake. I use to feed him frozen pinkies but they r too small to satisfy him. Well, enjoy the vid!

[YT]Lwlk-xjTiII[/YT]

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Feeding live to an animal that eats frozen is foolish. Leaving aside the difference in how humane the death of the food animal is, there's a real risk to the snake. I had a Bronzeback Snake, which is mildly venomous by the way, killed by a mouse when I got impatient and fed it two mice at once rather than letting it finish one before introducing the second. If you want to get your jollies watching animals die that's fine, but do it right. Get yourself a Cobra and a stopwatch.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Please explain how "in nature" that the mouse's death would have been less cruel as opposed to in your enclosure. May I suggest that you try not breathing for the exact period of time it took the mouse to die and let us know how humane it was?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Ever heard of "frozen fuzzies" or "frozen hoppers" or "frozen adult mice"?

Belltrain

AC Members
Nov 11, 2010
Loma Linda, CA
Real Name
Austin
Im not going to argue about "cruelness". It can damage your pet feeding them live food, you can give them diseases, parasites, or wounds when taking the live prey, although this happens in the wild. But live prey adds stimulant to your predator that only can be provided in the wild or live food. If you want you pet predator to feel his natural/ adrenaline moments of being in the hunt then feed live food. If not and its too cruel feed frozen.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store