Clown pleco vs. Bristlenose pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
What else is in the tank?

silentcircuit

AC Members
Mar 3, 2011
Columbia, SC
Real Name
Chris
BNs get to around 5, maybe 6". They'd be fine in a 20 long. Clowns are similar size. I don't know which would be better for a planted tank, though. Just returned my 6" common the other day because he'd decided to turn on my plants.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Albino BN's are a lot smaller then normal BN's, and neither gets to 6" IME.

I'd say that you're going to want to either stick with the otos, or remove them and get a BN.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
As far as algae control, im sure a bn would be better. My clown pleco hides in a crack in a piece of driftwood. 24 hours a day. the only time i ever see him is if i remove the driftwood. Neat looking fish but ill never get another.

You posted before i did lol. But from my experience a clown pleco wouldnt be a good choice. maybe mines just shy but thats my two cents

ilroost

AC Members
Oct 8, 2010
central illinois
have a clown pleco in a heavily planted 29 gal with a school of dwarf rainbows for going on a year now. he has never messed with my plants at all. they stay small. he always hangs out on the driftwood. only time i see him is at night when he comes out for a green bean or algae wafer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store