Hey Guys!! New 38 Gallon and 29 gallon setups...Pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mancas24

AC Members
Sep 27, 2008
Orlando, FL
Real Name
Manolo
Hello, Hope you all had a great memorial day. I recently setup this 38 gallon i found while emptying out an abandoned home. I calculated the size on our websites nifty tank calc, woohoo... I wish i would have been able to take some pics of the 38 before but i was unfortunately to EXCITED, anyway the tank was completely covered on one side with wood glue and it was removed with a plastic scraper and paint stripper. The stand was thoroughly rusted and was chipped down and resprayed black.I have added fish from my overstocked 46 and broken down and rescaped 29 gallon. The 29 used to be my Electric blue jack dempsey tank but he has been moved into the 46 bow. Since, I have refinished the wood on the 29 and cleaned it up a bit. The 38 is running with a 204 fluval,ac30. The 29 gallon has 1 hob canister magnum250. Lighting: 38 gallon (1) 36 watt plant bulb and soon one actinic for color). 29 gallon 26 watt cfl mod tank light. Anyway here are some pics enjoy!!

38 Gallon: Pair of spawning Angels 1 marble and 1 black veil (i think), 9 harlequins, 4 emerald cory, 5 juilis, 2 battik loaches, 1 bnp, 1 rubber lip

29 gallon: pair of salvinis (srry no pic, they are frustrating little hiders as they live under the DW in the middle... any info on these guys would be appreciated, just got them,sites weren't exactly accurate on depiction.)

38 gallon1.jpg38 gallon2.jpg38 gallon3.jpg38 gallon4.jpg29 gallon1.jpg29 gallon2.jpg29 gallon3.jpg29 gallon4.jpg

38 gallon2.jpg 29 gallon3.jpg 38 gallon1.jpg 29 gallon4.jpg 29 gallon2.jpg 38 gallon4.jpg 38 gallon3.jpg 29 gallon1.jpg

Last edited:

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Good start on the tanks!

I'd take the sals back. They're hit or miss aggression wise, mine was too aggressive for my other cichlids in a 75g tank so he went back to the LFS. A 29g is definitely too small for them long term. A friend of mine tried to keep some in a 40g tank and ended up with one killing the others off once they got past the juvenile stage.

mancas24

AC Members
Sep 27, 2008
Orlando, FL
Real Name
Manolo
Good start on the tanks!

I'd take the sals back. They're hit or miss aggression wise, mine was too aggressive for my other cichlids in a 75g tank so he went back to the LFS. A 29g is definitely too small for them long term. A friend of mine tried to keep some in a 40g tank and ended up with one killing the others off once they got past the juvenile stage.

I totally here ya, I called the lfs today but they would not even cred me the fish after only three days of having them. they are gorgeous though, the female has a bright red belly and glows yellow and orange. The male has a blue sheen throughput and is very healthy... To bad i dont really get to see that. IfIanyone is in Orlando area, I can trade for some plants or what ever is fair. You must have a bigger tank that my 29, as well as good tank mates.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Nice tanks, the new tank looks new.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store