L027 Royal Pleco ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I picked up today identified to me as an L027 "Royal Pleco". Coloring appears to me to be dark brown with black stripes (see photos). Since I have a problem with colors, I would appreciate some input from those with experience in them.

I was also offered an LDA01 Chocolate Zebra. After checking on www.planetcatfish.com
it left me even more confused. Will likely pick that up tomorrow and then will be able to supply pictures.

My real question is in regards to size of these two. Anyone know for sure?

L027?
100_0573.JPG

Disregard the MTS trying to get into the picture!
100_0574.JPG

100_0574.JPG 100_0573.JPG

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Nice Royal but not L27. That's a Dull Eyed Royal Pleco L191. They get over a foot and a half. If it wasn't for there eventual size I would of owned these already. LDA01 is the Gold Striped Panaque. They stay rather small normally under 4".

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
The royal pleco can grow to be approximately 16", however, their growth rate is very slow even for pleco's. I've read they only grow about 1-2" a year at the most. I also vaguely remember something about them grower a slight bit quicker as juveniles but I doubt this difference is very noticeable.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
what size tank do you have, as that pleco will get pretty big?

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
You needn't worry about whether or not I have large enough tanks as I assure you I certainly do and have more than one to accommodate them. I can also assure you these are not my first plecos. Having tanks was not the question. The question was for proper ID as I did not want to contaminate someone's judgement by suggesting what I thought it was.

clayt101

Registered Abuser
Coloring appears to me to be dark brown with black stripes (see photos). Since I have a problem with colors, I would appreciate some input from those with experience in them.
Since you have a problem with colors....you have a rare pleco. It is actually orange with blue stripes. It is truly a rare fish! :evil_lol:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store