angelfish trio?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
Some of the angelfish I received last year have grown up a bit, and decided to breed. They are still pretty small, so I didn't think they'd be mature enough yet, but lo and behold, they've not only bred but have viable eggs.

The weird thing, there's 3 of them guarding, defending, and tending the eggs. I've had several angelfish pairs but never even heard of a trio.

DSC_0358 by jetajockey, on Flickr

DSC_0360 by jetajockey, on Flickr

DSC_0363 by jetajockey, on Flickr

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
clearly the hippies are to blame, the '60s and the loose morals and all. :)

srsly though those are SPECTACULAR fishes you got there!! I don't care about their unconventional lifestyles, if you get actual juvies from this trio I WANT SOME! Do you have any idea as to the gender mix? 1m/2f or the other way around? It is not uncommon in other species to have an "auntie" figure who assists with the rearing of offspring not her own, and I suppose there are males who serve the same function although I can't think of any examples right offhand. I really, really hope this works out and you get survivors from these kids. :)

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
They ate the eggs! Guess the love triangle was too much for them! I have 4 or 5 other german gold x phil blue crosses (look like the gold ones in the pics) that I'm probably going to list soon. I've had the group since they were fry so now its time to go.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store