Baby Box Turtle

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I found this little guy truck'n around my EBT enclosure today. Apparently the squirrels didn't dig up all the eggs. I'm pretty excited because I haven't produced any baby turtles since I moved my box turtles to my new house 5 years ago.
Baby_Box.jpg
Baby_Box2.jpg
Baby_Box3.jpg

A size reference next to one of my females, possibly the one who laid the egg.
Baby_Box4.jpg
Baby_Box5.jpg
Baby_Box6.jpg

Baby_Box.jpg Baby_Box5.jpg Baby_Box4.jpg Baby_Box3.jpg Baby_Box2.jpg Baby_Box6.jpg

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Cute!

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Adorable indeed, well as turtles go. :)

Question, what is an "EBT"? If I didn't know better I would say the area surrounding the turtles looks supiciously like, well, "yard." At least what mine would look like if it wasn't for the weed quotient.:(

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
Soooooooo cute!!!!!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Thanks everyone!

Adorable indeed, well as turtles go. :)

Question, what is an "EBT"? If I didn't know better I would say the area surrounding the turtles looks supiciously like, well, "yard." At least what mine would look like if it wasn't for the weed quotient.:(

EBT stands for Eastern Box Turtle. The photo was taken in my yard outside their pen. I don't spray my yard (if I did 3/4 of it would be dead) for weeds. Just not my thing. If it's green and growing I'm happy. :)

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Oh. duh. /smacks head.

thank you. I saw the word "enclosure" but not seeing any signs of walls or structure became confused. (This is not an uncommon state for me anyway.) all makes perfect sense now. And I don't spray for weeds either, I suspect the ground would look all naked and lunar-like if I did. :)

still very nice turtles. Here in Tennessee we have turtles of similar overall appearance but I don't recall seeing any with yellow designs on the shell. I mostly see them when they are crossing roads, so I stop and move them to the side their heading for before the next vehicle decides it would be funny to smoosh them. /grrrr.

Have taken a few home and put out by the pond, but never see them again so I figure they headed off for the woods. Very nice setup you have there and am delighted you were able to get them to breed. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store