Just a couple of shots of my planted 50g and blue angelfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I took numerous shots but only a handful came out worthy enough to keep. I really need a new camera. There are a few new plant additions added recently and I'm looking forward to them growing out. Thanks to Crispino for the plants!
Hope you enjoy.

100_5870.jpg100_5885.jpg100_5887.jpg100_5888.jpg

100_5887.jpg 100_5885.jpg 100_5870.jpg 100_5888.jpg

Jerzboi

AC Members
Jan 13, 2009
Pine Level, NC
Real Name
Brad
Wow! Your angle looks awesome!
Great looking tank set up
How long have you had the plant set up established?

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Thanks! This particular setup has been running for 2 yrs now.

NoMoreToys

AC Members
Mar 24, 2011
Beautifully planted. just WOW.

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
that may be the single most beautiful "normal" * fishtank I have ever seen. If there were a Nobel Prize in Aquarium Arts that would be a strong contender. :)

*as opposed to, say, ADA contest tanks. Which are downright breathtaking, but are works of art designed to last in their perfection only long enough for a picture to be taken. And intended to look more like terrestrial landscapes than actual places where fish might, um, live.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
that may be the single most beautiful "normal" * fishtank I have ever seen. If there were a Nobel Prize in Aquarium Arts that would be a strong contender. :)

*as opposed to, say, ADA contest tanks. Which are downright breathtaking, but are works of art designed to last in their perfection only long enough for a picture to be taken. And intended to look more like terrestrial landscapes than actual places where fish might, um, live.
Wow, thanks, man.

Currently, this is a low tech/non-co2 setup. I've been thinking about getting a nice co2 system for it, however. I probably will and I'm sure the plants will take off like gangbusters when I do. I just dose Excel daily and dry ferts 2-3X week with iron supplementation, as well. The fish are heavy feeders so I try to keep my dosing on the leaner side. The rainbows are fully grown around 4-5" with appetites to match. I try to keep everyone well fed and it really shows.
Lighting is 130W PC 10000k and substrate is a mixture of PFS and Flourite with osmocote capsules added for the root feeders. There is a little algae present but it's controllable and not really a problem at this time.

Weedcali, yes, there is some Hygrophila Pinnatifida in there. :)

Thanks for the complements

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store