Male Beta Trio

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice bettas.

2latinaz

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
They're adorable! I havn't kept a male betta in a year...I think you've inspired me to cycle my 8 gal! :)

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
lovely bettas! You'll find Ice will change colour over time. I love the marble gene bettas, you never know what you'll end up with!

one thing i'd like to note though, is the divided little tank you have them in. not a very good setup for a couple reasons: very small water volume, which means lots of ammonia buildup between water changes. also, each betta ends up getting something like 1/4 to 1/2 gallon only each, so very cramped quarters. biggest reason it's not a good setup is that the bettas can constantly see each other, which leads to constant flaring and 'defending territory'. this will stress the bettas out over time.

you'd be better to have them in a 10 gallon divided 3 ways, or in their own separate 2.5 or 5 gallon tanks. if you do the divided 10 gallon, use opaque material for the divider, or use craft mesh with something like java moss tied to it, to break the line of sight.

901MFKer

AC Members
May 29, 2011
Memphis, Tn
Real Name
Martin Johnson
lovely bettas! You'll find Ice will change colour over time. I love the marble gene bettas, you never know what you'll end up with!

one thing i'd like to note though, is the divided little tank you have them in. not a very good setup for a couple reasons: very small water volume, which means lots of ammonia buildup between water changes. also, each betta ends up getting something like 1/4 to 1/2 gallon only each, so very cramped quarters. biggest reason it's not a good setup is that the bettas can constantly see each other, which leads to constant flaring and 'defending territory'. this will stress the bettas out over time.

you'd be better to have them in a 10 gallon divided 3 ways, or in their own separate 2.5 or 5 gallon tanks. if you do the divided 10 gallon, use opaque material for the divider, or use craft mesh with something like java moss tied to it, to break the line of sight.
Mobster's in a 3 gallon filter tank and Ice is in my 55 gallon with my earth eaters and other fish he's doing great.

Sadly Fire passed away last night due to old age.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store