ASAP - Toby Puffer Ill -- Swim Bladder?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jakezori

AC Members
Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
One of my saltwater friends has a Toby Puffer that seems unable to swim downward and he looks to have a little coloration and texture change on his underbelly. He also doesn't seem to want to eat What is wrong with the little guy? If it is swim bladder, what can be done?

Thanks

P.S. Sorry about the giant poorly taken picture.IMG_8035.JPG

IMG_8035.JPG

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Ouch, that looks bad. I am by no means an expert on fish diseases, I wish I was. That said, one of my staples I add all the time when a fish doesn't look healthy and it seems to help is PimaFix, it is an antibacterial, and any time my fish show odd signs of issues like the toby above I immediately put in either PimaFix if it seems like it could be bacterial related, or if it is big open wound from a fight or scrape I put in MelaFix. PimaFix may not cure the fish but it certainly shouldn't do any harm and best case it does cure it.

Hope someone else chimes in with better advice than I have and can give you a better diagnosis.

Jakezori

AC Members
Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
My friend put in some methaline blue which apparently is also an antibacterial. I'll foreward the message to him though. I too, hope more people chime in. Thanks much =)

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Looks like he may have possibly rested against the intake of a pump or filter and damaged his belly. I would increase the temp to about 84F and keep his water pristine. Melafix might be helpful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store