I have Dalmatian Molly fry!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
Hey, I have some good news!

So here's the story. I came home from school and decided to clean my 10g (it has algae issues...) Anyways so I thought to myself "meh, I'll just clean the decor in my other tank" So I removed the rocks and bogwood etc but the last rock I took out, had a little fish under it. I expected it to be a dead fry or something but it was swimming around, all black with a white-ish face. I scooped him up and told my sister to hold the net while I got the breeding net. I came back with it but my sister was to busy looking at the other fishies that it escaped :( I looked for it and found it at the back with a second one! :eek3: I stripped the tank (excluding a cave, thar my flying fox lurvs) and found 2 more! so now I have 4 pretty dalmatian fry.

here is some pics:

The fry.

The mother. She is blind in one eye :(

The Father.

The full Setup.

thanks for reading.

EDIT: and don't worry, They won't overrun the tank lol

Last edited:

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Nice, now, you will keep getting more and more:)

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
Nice, now, you will keep getting more and more:)
haha, yeah lol I would probably sell them if I got more xD its only because no stores around or near me take fish in for trade or re-homing/re-selling.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
^Then just sell them, I would keep at least 4 of them, to add to the tank, and keep for future breeding. Make sure you keep a majority of females if you want to breed a lot. Then I would keep 6 new females, and 2 males.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Congrats! I used to breed mollies. Good luck with yours, the paren'ts look very nice, I bet the fry will do and look great!

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
thanks! one of the fry us pure black, one is transperent currently and the other 2 are black with white heads

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
The colors will be interesting as the parents aren't the same specific type. I would get some lyretails.

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
yeah, one has some interesting markings on him/her. I know one is gonna fully black but the others are confusing ;D

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
they will become clearer over time, u will be able to tell within 2 weeks.

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
they will become clearer over time, u will be able to tell within 2 weeks.
I think they have been hiding for a week already :) they certainly are not newly hatched lol
I finally managed to do what I was meant to do on Monday (the day I found them) clean my 10g :D lol the cories aapreciated the nice big water change ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store